VLI was founded over 30 years ago as a result of the strategic acquisitions and mergers of well-established brand names. These resources bring together extensive experience and a broad range of products and services for the benefit of our customers. Our team of over 400 specialist personnel, employed throughout Australia, USA and China have access to the best technologies available in the world today.
Our Unanderra Conveyor branch is currently seeking an experienced Conveyor Technician to work as part of our Conveyor Service crew. This role will be responsible for the timely completion of service based activities including conveyor inspections, repairs, overhauls, service/installation of conveyor belt cleaning components. This role operates within a 24/7 breakdown industry with regular travel to our customers sites as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to:
- Work for a market leader
- Permanent position
- Unanderra / Illawarra / South coast location
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong commitment to WH&S in the workplace [Essential]
- Previous experience in Conveyor Belt Cleaning products and systems and working with conveyors, conveyor equipment and services. [Essential]
- Previous experience in repair, service, overhaul, assembly and/or installation of Conveyors Belt Cleaning systems and products such as primary and secondary belt cleaners, scrapers, ploughs, skirting etc. [Essential]
- Forklift license [Essential]
- “C” class driver’s license [Essential]
- Rubber lining experience [Desirable]
- Conveyor Belt Splicing experiencing [Desirable]
- “MR / HR” drivers licence [Desirable]
- Rigging / Dogger ticket [Desirable]
- Working at Heights ticket [Desirable]
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Willingness to learn and follow instruction
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- A strong customer focus
Our commitment to research and development enables us to deliver high quality, innovative solutions for all types of mining, transportation, bulk materials handling, loading and drilling activities. We provide a comprehensive and diverse range of equipment including diesel vehicles, drilling rigs and conveyors systems, all designed and manufactured by our own team to the highest specification.
Ensuring our employees enjoy coming to work is important to us. We have formal rewards and recognition programs, wellness initiatives, and live by our company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Continuous Improvement.
VLI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.