VLI was founded over 30 years ago as a result of the strategic acquisitions and mergers of well-established brand names. These resources bring together extensive experience and a broad range of products and services for the benefit of our customers. Our team of approximately 400 specialist personnel, employed throughout Australia, USA and China have access to the best technologies available in the world today.
This is an excellent opportunity to:
- Work for a market leader
- Obtain a Permanent position
- Work in the Mackay area
- Be part of a new maintenance business with real development opportunities
Our Mackay operation is currently seeking 4 experienced Conveyor Technicians to work as part of a new Conveyor Maintenance Crew. The roles will be responsible for the timely completion of service based activities including conveyor inspections, belt repairs & splicing, pulley overhauls and service/installation of conveyor belt cleaning systems and other mechanical conveyor components.
These roles will operate within a 24/7 breakdown industry with regular travel to our customers sites as required.
There are 4 roles available:
- 2 will be predominately focused on belt splicing and repairs. We are looking for experienced belt splicers with training certification and industry experience.
- 2 will be predominately focused on the mechanical aspects of the business. We are looking for industry experienced mechanical tradesman.
To be considered for these roles you will have:
- A strong commitment to WH&S in the workplace [Essential]
- Conveyor Belt Splicing experiencing Cert III Polymer Processing [Essential]
- Rubber lining experience [Desirable]
- Previous experience in Conveyor Belt Cleaning products including installation, inspection and maintenance, Trades Qualified [Essential]
- Previous experience in repair, service, overhaul, assembly and/or installation of Mechanical Conveyor products such as ploughs, skirting, trackers etc. [Essential]
- A forklift license [Essential]
- A “C” class driver’s license [Essential]
- An “MR / HR” drivers licence [Desirable]
- A Rigging / Dogger ticket [Desirable]
- A Working at Heights ticket [Desirable]
- A Confined Space Entry ticket [Desirable]
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Willingness to learn and follow instruction
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- A strong customer focus
Our commitment to research and development enables us to deliver high quality, innovative solutions for all types of mining, transportation, bulk materials handling, loading and drilling activities. We provide a comprehensive and diverse range of equipment including diesel vehicles, drilling rigs and conveyors systems, all designed and manufactured by our own team to the highest specification.
Ensuring our employees enjoy coming to work is important to us. We have formal rewards and recognition programs, wellness initiatives, and live by our company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Continuous Improvement.
VLI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to this email: email@example.com