VLI was founded over 30 years ago as a result of the strategic acquisitions and mergers of well‐established brand names. These resources bring together extensive experience and a broad range of products and services for the benefit of our customers. Our team of approximately 400 specialist personnel, employed throughout Australia, USA and China have access to the best technologies available in the world today.
At VLI, we have been supplying specialist mining equipment and related services to the resources industry for more than 30 years. Our operations are comprised of three business divisions; VLI Diesel, VLI Drilling and VLI Conveyors.
VLI Conveyors are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill a senior role as our Kalgoorlie Sales & Operations Manager, reporting directly to the Conveyors Divisional Manager.
To succeed in this role you will have a passion for developing high performing teams as well as having a hands on approach and a can do attitude. You will be responsible for managing the business by driving cost effective operations and building strong relationships with customers to meet and exceed their expectations. This role will tend to all of the financial, sales and operational responsibilities for the Conveyors Kalgoorlie branch.
Core functions of the role will include:
- Ensuring communication and compliance with all VLI company policies and procedures.
- Leading operations and driving continuous improvement in all areas of the business including sales, supply chain and distribution.
- Quality Assurance including management and maintenance of system, audits and records.
- Engagement with corporate procurement team to ensure best service, quality and price for raw materials.
- Partnering with Finance to deliver business forecasts, budgets and profitability reports, weekly dashboards, CAPEX/OPEX plans and reviews, financial performance to budget.
To be considered you should have:
- Prior experience in a Sales or Marketing role within mining or a related industry.
- Financial / Budget preparation and management experience.
- An Engineering or Mechanical trade background. (desirable)
- Understanding of manufacturing concepts and processes.
- Knowledge of Conveyor Products and Services.
- Sound knowledge of the Western Australia regional areas.
- Strong attention to detail & effective time management to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office), SAP. (Desirable)
- Highly motivated with the passion to succeed.
Our commitment to research and development enables us to deliver high quality, innovative solutions for all types of mining, transportation, bulk materials handling, loading and drilling activities. We provide a comprehensive and diverse range of equipment including diesel vehicles, drilling rigs and conveyors systems, all designed and manufactured by our own team to the highest specification.
Ensuring our employees enjoy coming to work is important to us. We have formal rewards and recognition programs, wellness initiatives, and live by our company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Continuous Improvement.
At VLI, we are an equal employment and advancement opportunity employer, and we understand that our team is what drives our success. We are committed to fostering a fair workplace, where all employees are given the chance to grow, reach their potential and maximize their job satisfaction. At VLI, our employees don’t just have jobs, they have careers.