Specialist Materials Handling and Mining services business operating in the resources industry for more than 30 years currently seeking Conveyor Technicians, Belt Splicers and Rubber Liners to join the team at Kalgoorlie.
The roles will be responsible for the safe and timely completion of service based activities including conveyor inspections, repairs, overhauls, service/installation of conveyor belt cleaning components, roller and skirt change-outs. The roles operate within a 24/7 breakdown industry with frequent travel to our customers sites, weekend and night shift’s as required.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Possess a strong commitment to WH&S in the workplace.
- Hold a valid Australian A or C class driver license (HR license desirable).
- Have the ability to work unsupervised independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Have a willingness to participate in a pre-placement medical (including on-going drug & alcohol testing).
- Hold a valid (or willing to obtain) a National Police Clearance.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in mine site based conveyor maintenance that may include, belt splicing, belt scraper and impact bed maintenance and installations, roller & skirt change-outs, chute and tank lining in rubber and ceramics or a willingness to learn in these areas not currently experienced in.
- Mechanical Trade qualifications
- Other desirable tickets: Forklift License, Confined Space, EWP, Working at Heights, Dogman or Riggers.
What’s on offer:
- Generous Base Rate (competitive rates) + Super + Regional Allowance paid weekly
- Trade Hand/Level 1 Belt Splicer/Conveyor Tech – $40/hr
- Level 3 Belt Splicer/Conveyor Tech – $45/hr
- Conveyor Tech Leading Hand – $49/hr
- Opportunity for Overtime and Weekend work – at penalty rates
- Full Time, permanent positions
- A safe and positive working environment with a learning culture
- Training, Career development opportunities including exposure to highly skilled and well regarded belt splicers and rubber lining mentors
We are an equal employment and advancement opportunity employer, and we understand that our team is what drives our success. We are committed to fostering a fair workplace, where all employees are given the chance to grow, reach their potential and maximise their job satisfaction.