VLI was founded over 30 years ago as a result of the strategic acquisitions and mergers of well‐established brand names. These resources bring together extensive experience and a broad range of products and services for the benefit of our customers. Our team of approximately 400 specialist personnel, employed throughout Australia, USA and China have access to the best technologies available in the world today.
At VLI, we have been supplying specialist mining equipment and related services to the resources industry for more than 30 years. Our operations are comprised of three business divisions; VLI Diesel, VLI Drilling and VLI Conveyors.
VLI Diesel Division, is currently looking to employ an Experienced Mechanical Tradesperson to join the team at Emerald.
This role will involve timely completion of any repair, overhaul or assembly of new and used underground mining equipment to a high standard including the completion of all relevant documentation.
To be considered for this role you will:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Possess a strong commitment to WH&S in the workplace
- Have a Trade certificate in Mechanical Fitting, dual trade in Boiler-making desired.
- Hold a current Forklift License (Essential)
- Hold a current Drivers License
- Be certified for Code D overhauls with Current RIISS00030 Skill Set (Desired)
- Demonstrate previous experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems, diagnostics and repair
- Experience with the manufacture and repair of plant and heavy underground mining equipment
- Have the ability to work well in and foster and effective team environment
- Demonstrate effective planning and organizations skills
- Posses strong communication skills
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality
- Display a professional approach when dealing with customers, clients and colleagues
- Be compliant with all company and site policies and procedures
- Willingness to participate in a pre-placement or site access medical (including on-going drug & alcohol testing)
Why VLI can offer:
- Competitive hourly rate + paid overtime
- 38 hours standard per week
- Emerald workshop with opportunities to work on mine sites
Our commitment to research and development enables us to deliver high quality, innovative solutions for all types of mining, transportation, bulk materials handling, loading and drilling activities. We provide a comprehensive and diverse range of equipment including diesel vehicles, drilling rigs and conveyors systems, all designed and manufactured by our own team to the highest specification.
Ensuring our employees enjoy coming to work is important to us. We have formal rewards and recognition programs, wellness initiatives, and live by our company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Continuous Improvement.
At VLI, we are an equal employment and advancement opportunity employer, and we understand that our team is what drives our success. We are committed to fostering a fair workplace, where all employees are given the chance to grow, reach their potential and maximize their job satisfaction. At VLI, our employees don’t just have jobs, they have careers.