VLI was founded over 30 years ago as a result of the strategic acquisitions and mergers of well‐established brand names. These resources bring together extensive experience and a broad range of products and services for the benefit of our customers. Our team of approximately 400 specialist personnel, employed throughout Australia, USA and China have access to the best technologies available in the world today.
At VLI, we have been supplying specialist mining equipment and related services to the resources industry for more than 30 years. Our operations are comprised of three business divisions; VLI Diesel, VLI Drilling and VLI Conveyors.
Due to recent growth VLI Conveyors, Welshpool is actively seeking new rubber liners to join our growing team. With over 30 years’ experience and one of the largest Autoclaves in WA now is the time to join the team at VLI.
As a rubber lining technician you would be responsible for ensuring the efficient, effective and safe lining of interior and exterior tanks, valves, pipes, pulleys and similar articles. Here at VLI we value safety and culture, a successful candidate will have both the skills required as well as the right attitude for success.
The Main responsibilities of this role include: (But are not limited to)
- Preparation of steelworks for application of rubber lining
- Prepare, cut rubber, and safe use of hazardous chemicals
- Safe and effective application of rubber
- Safe supervised operation of one of WA’s largest Autoclaves
- Ensure all rubber lining practices and staff are safe and that work is completed in a safe and timely manner
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a rubber / ceramic lining and knowledge of rubber products
- Willingness to learn from the team and the ability to provide input to our existing processes
- Attention to detail and a positive “Can Do” attitude as well as focus on Health and Safety
- Current and valid Driver’s License
- Additional tickets such as; confined space, working at heights, dogging and rigging, forklift ticket or operation of overhead crane are desirable but not essential
What we can offer:
- Generous Base Rate $45 per hour + Super + penalties
- Opportunity for Overtime and Weekend work – at penalty rates
- Full Time, permanent position
- A safe and positive working environment with a learning culture
- Training, Career development opportunities including exposure to highly skilled and well regarded belt splicers and rubber lining mentors
- Onsite parking
- Full time work in a well maintained workshop
Our commitment to research and development enables us to deliver high quality, innovative solutions for all types of mining, transportation, bulk materials handling, loading and drilling activities. We provide a comprehensive and diverse range of equipment including diesel vehicles, drilling rigs and conveyors systems, all designed and manufactured by our own team to the highest specification.
Ensuring our employees enjoy coming to work is important to us. We have formal rewards and recognition programs, wellness initiatives, and live by our company values of Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Continuous Improvement.
At VLI, we are an equal employment and advancement opportunity employer, and we understand that our team is what drives our success. We are committed to fostering a fair workplace, where all employees are given the chance to grow, reach their potential and maximise their job satisfaction. At VLI, our employees don’t just have jobs, they have careers.